Tor client over Java LINUX

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Dec 19 08:14:47 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:57:15PM +0100, Ralf-Philipp Weinmann wrote:

> >A really good multiplier would be to package Tor into a malware
> >vector.
>
> Yeah. That would really work. We should pitch that idea to some
> spammers :) Enough cover traffic in *THAT* mix-network as well...

Port 25 is blocked in default exit policy. Script kiddies are already using
the Tor network, whether you like it, or not. Spammers who already command
vast armies of zombies would laugh at your Tor network. Trafic remixing
buys nothing for them, but a means to conceal control traffic (which they
don't seem to bother with, bouncing traffic of 0wn3d machines seems to
be enough). All they want is to pump out as much traffic as possible,
any overhead just slows them down.

Of course packaging Tor in a malware vector would result in bad press.
However, as things currently go, offering anonymity already firmly puts you
into drug-trafficking pedophile terrorist mobsters corner.

So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?