Tor client over Java LINUX

Ralf-Philipp Weinmann ralf at fimaluka.org
Mon Dec 19 07:56:08 PST 2005

On Dec 12, 2005, at 6:26 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 12:12:23PM -0500, Riad S. Wahby wrote:
>> Tyler Durden <camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I recently read that a simple LINUX OS has been written in java.
>>
>> Have a reference handy?  I'm just curious to see where they're going
>> with this.
>
> I presume everybody has seen http://www.masswerk.at/jsuix/

Uhm. That's not really an entire operating system. Moreover it's
implemented in Javascript, not in Java. Anyone got a reference for
the Unix-like OS implementation atop of a JVM? I haven't heard of
anyone trying to do a OS-on-top-of-a-JVM implementation since the
failure of Sun's JavaOS [1].

Anyway. As far as I know, the JAP source code [1] contains some
usable Java tor client implementation if you throw out all the GUI
crap. Writing a TOR server implementation in Java shouldn't be so
hard either.

Cheers,
Ralf

[1] P.W. Madany, S. Keohan, D. Kramer, T. Saulpaugh:
     JavaOS: A Standalone Java Environment
     White Paper, Sun Microsystems, Mountain View, CA, May, 1996

[2] JAP source code
     http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/develop/sources_en.html