BOUNCE cryptography at metzdowd.com: Approval required:

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Dec 18 21:53:40 PST 2005

;-)

Cheers,
RAH

--- begin forwarded text

 To: rah at shipwright.com
 Subject: Re: BOUNCE cryptography at metzdowd.com: Approval required:
 From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com>
 Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:57:19 -0500

 That article is bullshit, Rob. Yes, Clinton's NSA spied on US
 citizens, but they got FISA approval when they did it. I would agree
 that FISC would approve spying on a dead goat on the basis of a white
 house lawyer claiming the goat was a foreign agent, but that's beside
 the point -- to my knowledge, they obeyed the law, as odious as the
 law was. Therefore, I'm not forwarding.

 Perry

<http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/18/221452.shtml>

 >  Reprinted from NewsMax.com
 >  Sunday, Dec. 18, 2005 10:10 p.m. EST
 >
 >  Clinton NSA Eavesdropped on U.S. Calls
 >
 >   During the 1990's under President Clinton, the National Security Agency
 >  monitored millions of private phone calls placed by U.S. citizens and
 >  citizens of other countries under a super secret program code-named
Echelon.

 Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA