Tor client over Java LINUX

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:41:25 PST 2005

Tor question. And remember, I'm not a datacom guy, so NK-me if I ask a
stupid question.

I recently read that a simple LINUX OS has been written in java.

How hard would it be (and would it be meaningful) to write (or modify) a Tor
client that could sit on top of a Java LINUX?

This could allow anyone at a public computer to open a Java-based Tor client
(from a Tor website, of course), from pretty much anywhere (though I imagine
Tor-on-Java would be resource hungry).

I imagine there are still security concerns, given that the Tor node is not
actually "seeing" the machine directly.

Thoughts?

-TD