Education Be For Whitey

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 13:58:21 PST 2004

Nah nah Variola...I don't think you're getting me here. Or maybe you are...

The problem with inner city school systems where there are large numbers of
african american students are, first of all, with notable exceptions (ie,
some areas around Atlanta, St Albans Queens, etc...) crime rates are high,
and African American students, on average, seem to be 'problems' more than
Asians or Jewish kids (certainly), and probably more than whites.

The next problem, and here is where the notion of "storage" comes in, is
that administrators in those districts do practically ZERO to keep
disruptive, dangerous students out of the classrooms. They also seem to feel
that if reasonable standards of behavior were applied throughout these
districts, "all the bad kids would end up on the streets", which is true.
Meanwhile, good black students must therefore tolerate high numbers of
disruptive, dangerous, and armed delinquents in the schools, and so classes
begin to turn into baby-sitting sessions.

All of this pretty much comes from tolerating bad behavior, because "they"
can't help themselves.

What I'm saying is that, as long as there are public schools (and I still
think public schooling could be a good idea, albeit in a highly modified
form), they need to be completely color blind in the standards, and damn the
consequences to society at large. What they'll find is that a suprising
number of African Americans will rise to the challenge, and do as well in
college as other ethnic groups.

Now if you're saying that public schools shouldn't even exist...well...OK,
whatever. But as long as they DO exist, its best we run them in a way where
they are what they are supposed to be. And if they're supposed to be storage
facilities, then put gaurds and watercannon into armories and send the
Scoops around to collect up the "students" off the streets every morning.

-TD