malevolent randomness

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Tue Dec 7 19:53:38 PST 2004

At 07:46 PM 12/4/04 -0500, Steve Furlong wrote:
>Much evidence to the contrary. My life is sucking pretty bad lately,
due
>to either a long series of fairly unlikely and uniformly unpleasant
>coincidences or else the machinations of a malevolent universe set up
>specifically to piss me off.

Please remember to watch a random stream.  Random negatives will
occur in surprisingly long to your finite-state simian mind sequences.

Myself, I run a geiger counter, and it makes me happy.  Some bins,
no counts, others, a few times higher than average.  Dig?

-----
"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to
chance."
 -Robert R. Coveyou ORNL mathematician