Fact checking

Pete Capelli pcapelli at ieee.org
Mon Apr 26 10:54:48 PDT 2004

Damian Gerow wrote:

> Who you vote for is up to you.  I'm not telling you to vote for him, I'm
> just correcting a pretty large non-truth propogated by American media.

B*llshit. From a transcript of an interview of Al Gore by Wolf Blitzer:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore/

" During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in
creating the Internet."

> Hey, I'm no fan of Tipper either.  And I'm not saying that Al Gore was a
> /good/ choice.  But in retrospect, he probably would have been a lesser
evil
> than the current president.

Mindlessly voting for anyone but bush is just as ignorant as voting
midlessly for him.