Fatherland tries to tie pot to 'terrorists'

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 12:24:03 PDT 2003

I guess there aren't many (currently) pot-smkoing persons on this list.
Apparently, pot is the number 2 cash crop in the US, after soy.
As a result of Reagun era "war on drugs", pot-growers moved indoors and also
in the process created new monster breeds of reefer that render the best
hash we had in the 70s "lemonade".

There was a fascinating NY Times article in the mid-90s in the subject.

Apparently, some counties in the deep south have tossed out elected sherrifs
that were hostile to pot growers and installed "friendlier" ones. Look for
counties were pot busts went from X to zero in a short time.

Actually, there are some technologies used by some pot growers that are
probably of interest to Cypherpunks. Apparently, Route 95 is now famous for
growers who move up and down between states to their various grow-locations,
each one without enough pot to merit long term jail time. If one of the
locations are entered, the most sophisticated growers are alerted
electronically, and never return to tha location again. One wonders what
cryptographic protocols are being used by said growers, and whether growers
are able to use them properly.

-TD