[Brinworld] Car's data recorder convicts driver

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Wed Jun 18 18:15:54 PDT 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, jburnes wrote:
> Why go to all that trouble.  Just take it out of circuit.  Cut the
> printed circuit
> board leads and disable it or if its in an inaccessible black box, cut
> the
> leads to the box.
>
> Easy enough.

Works very nicely. :)

Problem: leaves evidence, and takes time. The main advantage of electric
shock is that the fried chip looks for the naked eye exactly the same way
as a non-fried chip. The only difference could be found with a scanning
electron microscope on the chip itself, which is something nobody is
likely to bother with. Especially in harsh environments (cars classify)
chips tend to die, so its death could look as natural enough to not be
suspicious.

If I am wrong, please tell me where and why. :)