Type III Anonymous message

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Dec 7 20:06:49 PST 2003

On 7 Dec 2003 at 22:25, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I'm seeing similiar trends across
> virtually all my mailing lists, so I presume it's the medium itself
> that it's in decline.

Spam.

people are continually abandoning old addresses.

Of course it does not help that the cypherpunks list itself under
permanent massive spam attack from two hostile subscribers.

I have found a wonderful free, highly effective, spam filter   K9,
from Keir.net.  Everyone should use it,  I expect the medium will
recover, when everyone uses it or something similar.