US soldiers in Iraq held against their will

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sun Aug 17 22:37:15 PDT 2003

At 02:33 PM 8/17/03 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>   Just heard about this local guy who reluctantly went to Iraq because

>he was in the reserves, now his contract is up (as of 7/31) and they
>won't let him out.

Did he reluctantly take the $$$ to be in the reserves, too?

> my
>enlistment contract ended and the I have been involuntarily extended.

SOP.  Happened during the Yugo thang too.

>am now a prisoner of the US army.

Pity the volunteer moral zombie!   Sucks to give up control
to .mil, no?

I find it very troubling that the USA
>would force people against their free will to be in
>the military,

It hasn't, it only requires males to register.  So far.

Maybe Faust should be required reading for potential warriors?