Slashdot | There Is No Single Instant In Time (fwd)

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 03:45:17 PDT 2003

hi,

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2003-07/icc-gwi072703.php

"Lynds says that the paradoxes arose because people
assumed wrongly that objects in motion had determined
positions at any instant in time, thus freezing the
bodies motion static at that instant and enabling the
impossible situation of the paradoxes to be derived.
"There's no such thing as an instant in time or
present moment in nature. It's something entirely
subjective that we project onto the world around us.
That is, it's the outcome of brain function and
consciousness."

Sounds like a purely philosophical debate and a pretty
crazy article.

Regards Sarath.

http://science.slashdot.org/science/03/08/03/029213.shtml?tid=134