Mike Hawash

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Apr 29 17:48:55 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:44:03PM -0500, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:
> How can it possibly be treason if there was no declaration of war?

If you give "aid" to the "enemies" of the U.S., that would qualify as
treason even absent a declaration of war, in my opinion. Note I'm
obviously not saying what Hawash (allegedly) did would qualify as
such, and let's remember the DOJ did not file that charge.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War
against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and
Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the
Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in
open Court."

-Declan