Microsoft censors Newsweek - and new version of TCPA FAQ

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 10 20:15:22 PDT 2002

We failed to save a copy of Steven Levy's Palladium article in Newsweek
and online at MSNBC, now withdrawn by MSNBC. We can find no copy
online. Whoever save a copy: we would like to receive it for publication to
assure its continued availability.

A Microsoft programmer, John DeTreville, named in the alleged
"Palladium" patent published on Cryptome, has written us
(copy below) to deny the ms-drm-os patent is Palladium -- which
he claims is based on another patent or several of them. We would
appreciate leads on which patent or patents he is referring to.

Thanks.

-----