Letter from an anarchist C/punk thats actually been to Iceland.

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Sat Jan 5 00:50:42 PST 2002

 >>But when someone referred to Friedman's essays on Icelandic anarchy,
it didn't draw the blanks I think we now see<<

Taken from an april 01 post by Fried man fan,May.

See http://www.hi.is/~bthru/ritgerd.htm for Ordered Anarchy, State, And
Rent-Seeking: The Icelandic Commonwealth,
	930-1262
Birgir T. Runolfsson Solvason's PhD thesis.
	"I will not discuss my dissatisfaction with some
	political interpretations that I do not think are justified; such as
claiming that the Commonwealth is an example of libertarianism or
	anarcho-capitalism in practice (see Friedman 1989a;1989b). This
	interpretation of the Commonwealth is not warranted, and the reasons
	for why it is not, will become apparent in this thesis."
And
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1931/secF9.html  for Is Medieval
Iceland an example of "anarcho"-capitalism working in practice?
An excellent left-libertarian refutation of this position.  Part of
	An Anarchist FAQ Webpage.
	Some rebuttals are available at David Friedman's home page.(end)

Apart from demolishing most libertarian *logic*, david seems to be shooting
blanks.Mattd.