ANWR

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Tue Sep 25 08:37:06 PDT 2001

At 09:48 AM 9/25/01 -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>David Honig wrote:
>

>> The market is fair: just let the price of gas
>> be established by a free market.  Then everyone
>> can decide whether they want a 1000 lb, 300 hp
>> car or a 3000 lb, 100 hp car, or something
>> in between.
>
>       Exactly -- if we get rid of all the gov't subsidies for
>oil, we find that gas is about $10 @ gallon here and now. And that

What subsidies?  They tax the hell out of it (e.g., petrol here in the
US, even worse in UK).

If you're counting US military involvement overseas, well, we can
do without that and pay more (temporarily, until supply increases)
for the oil we replace that oil with.  If you think the US subsidizes
oil companies, you need to look at how much taxes they pay.