CNN Using 1991 Footage of Celebrating Palestinians?

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at ai.mit.edu
Thu Sep 13 17:37:42 PDT 2001

The thing that struck me about the footage is that there were about four
adults and a couple of kids. There were more people not celebrating.

The footage was introduced as mass demonstrations. However that is not what
the footage shows.

During the Falklands war the BBC showed us Argentine news footage claiming
to be showing footage of the front landing gear of a shot down Harrier. The
commentary ridiculed the Argentine claim that it was a Harrier stating
categroically that Harrier landing gear looked different, however that is
exactly what it was later demonstrated to be.

	Phill