America is beyond salvation

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Fri Oct 26 07:18:54 PDT 2001

Quoting Blanc (blancw at cnw.com):
> Speaking of taking up full responsibility for one's preferred lifestyle, it
> makes me think that it will be an oddly strange, science-fiction kind of
> existence that some of us will be operating in, in the future, trying to
> survive and achieve our ambitions in between weasels, dogs of war, and
> missile fire.  Something between "A Boy and his Dog", "Mad Max", and
> "Neuromancer".

That should be massivly entertaining for some people, and not quite so
entertaining for others.  Imagine the collateral damage of hundreds or even a
few thousand people with nothing to lose taking out their fustrations in the
malls and workplaces of America -- a sweet deal for the LEAs, to be sure.

Regards,

Steve

--
Oldthinkers unbellyfeel Ingsoc.