Fwd: [free-sklyarov] Fwd: Smell Test for a Certain Unconfirmed Meeting Report

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Oct 9 19:55:42 PDT 2001

We've asked the source to provide authentication for the RIAA
meeting, and asked as well The Register reporter who reported
about the meeting on October 8 apparently based on a similar
message. No answer to either request so far. We've added a
note about authenticity to the file on Cryptome and are adding
reader responses as well. Hal's will go there.

On person wrote that an alleged attendee of the meeting left the
organization cited a year ago. Another wrote that an attendee
was asked about the meeting who denied there was a
meeting.

Still, we've encountered disavowals and smoke in connection
with other controversial docs, so it's wait a while for now
and let folks decide for themselves -- our customary practice.

When Hilary Rosen or Senator Hollings responds that they
don't beat their mates then we'll have a definitive answer.