SURRENDER DOROTHY!

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Nov 27 15:34:17 PST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> But states DO make compacts 'BETWEEN THEMSELVES,' which is what Jimbo said
> was unconstitutional.  The fact that they have congressional approval, does
> not alter the nature of the agreement nor of the parties.

Not without congressional approval. No, I didn't say it, the Constitution
says that unless Congress has a say states can't play with each other.

As to altering your assertion, it most certainly does.

Please provide a state compact that doesn't involve Congress. All the ones
you provided as examples before don't qualify except under my statement.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com