Ridiculous Airline Security Story N+1 and N+2...

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Sun Nov 25 11:44:58 PST 2001

At 10:08 AM 11/25/01 -0800, Max Inux wrote:
>MY only question in regards to this topic are these:  How many members of
this mailing list have been selected for search?  How many of these are NOT
registered republicans or democrats?

You need to know more to answer your doubts.  You need to know
background rates.  FWIW I'm a registered lib and fly out of an airport
with a bronze sculpture of John Wayne monthly; I've not felt singled out.

>While I was selected (both going and returning to Ca) I talked to people
at the table, none of them were dems or repubs (I was registered
libertarian, one guy was green and another libertarian).

>Is there algorithm really "What are they registered to vote"?

Certain flights are going to have certain demographics -are you
on a biz shuttle w/ dot-commers to SF or a grandma & kids flight
to Disneyland?

What fraction of citizens are registered as Demopublicans anyway?

I'm not belittling your questions or claims but I'm pointing out
you have to look at how much others are hassled too.  I've seen
upper crust whitehaired women get hassled more than hirsuit me because
I have the fractional clue to remove metal from my person, and
don't wear steel-toed boots.  Or earrings, chains, rings, belt buckles,
etc.

>From what I gather, their pre-boarding 'random' checks are
*quality control* on their regular magnetometer/screening points.