arrgh

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Mar 6 17:50:50 PST 2001

Somehow I doubt telling somebody to stuff gun powder into a pipe, and
carefully wipe the ends this would be interpreted as any sort of aid in
and of itself.

Hell, Dover prints a book called "Chemical Magic" for $5 that'll provide
all you need to get started.

Not to mention that if one wanted they can mosey on down to the local
bookstore and order "Bombs and Bombings: A Handbook to Detection,
Disposal, and Investigation for Police and Fire Depts. (2nd Ed)" by Thomas
G. Brodie (ISBN 0-398-06551-9 (hrdbk), 0-398-06552-7 (ppbk)) you could
have the fine co-defendent of the FBI to stand trial right beside you (it
was used as the training manual at one time).

Or you could just go down to your local movie outlet and buy "Fight Club"
where they describe how to make Nitro and Dynamite from basic soap. Then
you could have the appropriate movie studio, producer, and (hell, go for
broke) Brad Pitt to stand right along side of yourself.

When the IRS came in and asked me about the instructions I sent to the
list the issue was had I ever actually discussed it with CJ (off the
list) as he was carrying a copy of my posting when he was arrested (or so
I and my lawyer was told). Since that never happened there wasn't shit
that could be done about it.

My suggestion, use a lawyer with more savy than Mr. Boone.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Daniel J. Boone wrote:

> But beware:  In the US we no longer have the rule of law.  It is now the
> norm for prosecutors to charge politically incorrect defendants under novel
> interpretations of old crimes.  Thus, for example, if someone on Cypherpunks
> were to respond to one of these requests with detailed step-by-step
> instructions for constructing a simple pipe bomb, that person should not be
> surprised to be facing conspiracy or accessory charges in the event the
> instructions were followed and the bomb constructed.  Despite lacking the
> criminal intent or criminal "meeting of minds" required to support such
> charges, a guilty verdict would be unsurprising.  No it's not fair, no it's
> not justice, but there it is.

> The Law Office of Daniel J. Boone
> 326 Fourth Avenue, Suite B
> Juneau, Alaska  99801
> (907) 723-9902
> djb at gci.net
> "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe when the
> legislature is in session."  -- Judge Gideon Tucker

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com