NRA Prints HALF Of The Story (Barniskis)?

air.man at att.net air.man at att.net
Tue Jul 31 16:56:17 PDT 2001

Hmm. Let me get this straight. Project Gulag is the best
thing for RKBA since, what was it, I don't know, the
Nazi Gun Control Act of 1938?

ENFORCE ALL EXISTING GUN LAWS WITH ZERO TOLERANCE.

That's the core Project Gulag mantra, and it didn't take
a rocket scientist to predict that the overt enemy, HCI
et al., would accept it with open arms, make it their
own program, and run with it. Why do you think NRA now
holds press conferences with HCI to support it? Do you
really think the anti-gunners are that stupid?

Sometimes the "Winning" Team adds a mumble or two about
aiming Project Gulag against "criminals." Well what the
hell do you think most of us already are who refuse to
comply with those existing gun laws we tried to stop
from being enacted in the first place?

And don't tell me NRA management's "Winning" Team gives
a rat's ass about putting potential felons like me and
most other gun rights activists in prison. That's why
their infomercial says "then he did what any decent, law-
abiding citizen would do, and turned in his guns."

That quote reveals the mindset of NRA's "Winning" Team
management. It's a pro-police-state, authority
worshipping team. If Feinstein passes a law, they expect
you to obey it. And if you don't, they'll help send you
up the river right along with the murderers, convenience
store robbers, serial rapists, and child molesters. All
you have to do is get caught ignoring an existing gun
law, or a new one.

I wish it was just incompetence, but it's not.

And I wish I didn't know about it. Life was happier when
I could believe NRA was run by more or less well-
intentioned, if not totally competent people. But it
isn't, and having served on the board, I bear the burden
of first hand knowledge. It's not pleasant to have to
tell grown men there's no gun rights tooth fairy.

Too many folks are compelled by nature to believe that
everything NRA does is by definition right, and if it
doesn't appear to be right, than somehow it must be part
of a diabolically good plan hatched by masterminds
that'll work out for us in the end. I was once one of
those folks, and I'm here to urge you to get over it.

Do the movement a favor; cut the tribalistic worship
routine and stop treating NRA like a sacred cow,
immutable in nature. It's not. It's run by real people,
increasingly those who are helping destroy our heritage
of freedom. There's a Wizard of Oz behind the drapes,
and he's not on our side.

Yes, most of us need something to believe in. But the
NRA is important only because of the good or harm it can
do to our heritage. Loyalty to the Constitution is
vastly more important than blind loyalty to the NRA. And
being loyal to the rightful mission of the NRA, which I
am, has long been dangerously inconsistent with blind
loyalty to NRA management, especially the
current "Winning" Team Junta.

Russ Howard
www.keepandbeararms.com/howard