DMCA has pushed me to my limit.

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jul 17 20:01:24 PDT 2001

    --
On 18 Jul 2001, at 0:55, Sampo Syreeni wrote:
> On a more general level, is US law to be construed as granting
> personal jurisdiction over anyone on the US soil, regardless of
> where the actual crime was committed? I.e., if I do something
> wrong according to the Code,
> I'd better stay the hell out of US?

US law is often construed as encompassing the whole world.  US judges tend to believe they can punish anyone anywhere for violating US law.  This failing is not limited to the US.  The french tend to the same delusion.

It is quite difficult for government officials to comprehend the concept of dealing with equals, and often they just do not get it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     6gSy4Y0z9ue33pDKeFwyzeM5elboNp2slIKTcX4z
     4ujXVIoMs+xOSrPo7Igk7A/xMOmINtm/7qMlVAVRH