Good Punkrockin' tonight.

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Thu Dec 20 05:54:35 PST 2001

 >>"``It's about time for artists to take control of their work and how it
is presented to our fans,'' said Dexter Holland of the band Offspring,
which will perform as part of the effort." [...] .g -- "Sometimes I use
google instead of pants." <<

Pretty fly for a white guy,the original pranksters,are you OK
annie?Renegades of funk.Your number is one.Its about time
we all take control of our work...with crypto-anarchy.Real anarchy,not tim
mays cheap jackshit knockoff.anarcho-capitalism.Capitalism is looking down
the barrel of a mofo cannon as any fule no.

Punk was much more than fad or fashion; it demonstrated the fractal effect
in culture, showing how small events, the acts of a few people, can cause
ripples around the world. Punk demanded and received a response
Punk's attack on the establishment and institutions of the day, its
willingness to exploit taboos for fun and profit, was supremely effective
at getting up noses. So what, for all its loudmouth posturing, is punk's
legacy?
Damning God and the state, work and leisure, home and family, sex and play,
the audience and itself, the music briefly made it possible to experience
all these things as if they were not natural facts but ideological
constructs: things that had been made and therefore could be altered, or
done away with altogether. It became possible to see those things as bad
jokes and for the music to come forth as a better joke
The charts for three guitar chords (A, E and G) above a simple exhortation:
"Now form a band." For many people, that defined punk.