Bomb Law Reporter - special edition

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Aug 23 05:32:31 PDT 2001

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, David Honig wrote:

> Just because you're German doesn't mean you can say 'tight glands'
> without a snicker.  'Highly conductive gaskets' is perhaps less likely

Um, how do you know I wrote it without a snicker? ;)

Actually, I was referring to cable ducts which can act as a waveguide.
Of course, a fiber is rather thin, and it can be wrapped with adhesive
copper strips, so that it wouldn't be just a hole.

> to amuse the more adolescent among us.
>
> Testing is key.  If you don't measure, you don't know.

Renting time in HF testing facilities is expensive. Do you have
suggestions for a simple sniffer type of instrument, that detects the
amplitude of a radiated field? Do FETs pick up HF fine?

I intend to build me a wearable based on a LART type of board
	http://www.lart.tudelft.nl/

which will also house the crypto setup. Tempest proofing the rig will be
definitely part of the considerations. I see most problems with the
twiddler and the hud.

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>