Laws of mathematics, not of men

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 1 11:27:07 PDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> No Tim, what is utterly irresponsible is to make bellicose threats on
> this list about what your response will be if masked ninjas invade
> your home.  If they end up shooting you (and I think their is a

You still ratted on him, Sandy. There's no point in giving idle feds extra
angles to enter people's homes, preventably so. Even if nothing's there,
you can always plant envidence, if the person is deemed sufficiently
obnoxious by the authorities. (No, I don't know, and I don't want to
know).

Even if they just pay a friendly visit, I think there are much more
interesting ways to spend one's afternoon than having to deal with nosy
feds.

> significant likelihood that they will), it will be in large part
> because of your macho siege mentality.

There's always a certain amount of testosterone flowing, and some
posturing on cpunx. These are males' natural weaknesses, and exploiting
them just because you can is usually considered bad personal style.

> I "narced out" your behavior of several years ago.  If you are stupid

How is that relevant?

> enough to still be carrying a knife illegally (when there are plenty
> of legal options), then there is no helping you.  On your head be it.

Oh yeah, I ratted on you, and you're solely to blame for that.
Makes sense.

> More likely they are saying, "Ah fuck, I wish we'd known that before
> Sandfort wised Tim up.  Now we'll just have to go with plan B and
> shoot him when we raid his house with a trumped up search warrant."

Nothing goes over a little bit of comic relief. Haw! Haw! Haw!

> And like Vinnie told you, the ones they send after you will be a LOT
> better than he is.

I think you should keep these names and stories to yourself, even if they
do contribute to the local colorit.

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>