Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Tue Apr 17 19:45:08 PDT 2001

At 09:24 PM 4/17/01 -0500, Aimee Farr wrote:
>No, I don't claim that meatspace identity is necessary, and I have read some
>"smart contract" theory. (I was dealing with the diplomatic and licensure
>peculiarities of my hypothetical, and agency theory, but that is a
>discussion for elsewhere.)
>
>Nevertheless,.... my hypothetical principals say that reputational system
>accountability and escrow concepts alone are highly inadequate in the
>proposed transactional environment.

"Implementation detail"

Because of the unique injuries which
>could result, in certain circumstances any adequate remedy necessarily
>involves unmasking the "bad infomerchant." Additionally, within this
>"unique" transactional environment, participants must know that should
>circumstances warrant, there is accountability beyond the reputational
>system.

>In regard to your Rabbi polycentric governance, I guess you could allow for

Reputational librarians have themselves reputations.  You trust the UL,
you trust your <food-inspedtor>, right?  Maybe you trust your particular
brand of <food-inspector> and not the slight variant that your neighbor
subscribes to.

Your choice.

>C-4.

Yes, we are normally benign, but we can be cutting if set off correctly.