plazmoid balls any microwaves

Anonymous nobody at mix.winterorbit.com
Mon Apr 9 16:23:20 PDT 2001

> One of the very few really cool URLs the Jimster sent to
> the list was for a home-made plasma ball. I wanted to
> tell others about it, but the URL stopped working shortly
> after the Jimster gave it out. I heard he doesn't like to
> receive mail from people (individuals), so I didn't email
> him. Anyone have a working URL for the plasmoid ball?

I missed that one, but recently tested out the "grape in the microwave"
experiment, and found it to be quite impressive.

Take a seedless grape, and slice it in half (down what could be considered
the equator of the grape.)

Leave a centimeter or so of skin connecting the two halves.

Dab off any excess juice with a towel.

Place sliced-side down on a plate.

Put in the microwave and nuke on high for 10-15 seconds. (I tried this in
my girlfriend's microwave. It appears to still function properly.)