CDR: Re: Re: Shunning, lesbians and liberty

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 28 09:02:18 PDT 2000

     --
At 12:30 PM 9/28/2000 +0300, Sampo A Syreeni wrote:
 > Oh but it is quite possible to put people in similar trouble if we
 > grant that the right to property is absolute - if somebody owns on a
 > sufficiently wide scale the basic commodities one needs to survive
 > in the modern world (like fresh water, farming land, employment
 > opportunities), others are born right in the middle of the
 > proverbial desert.

But in a free market this never happens.  It only happens when the
government intervenes.  Thus, for example, we only see homelessness where
there is rent control, we only see hunger where there is rationing and
collectivized farming, and so on and so forth.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      s73HbjvWMbd1tg8MFWdOzaptZGbTirAUo/J9znB0
      45z21k4dGM6JzKt+2ys4v8idD/5gUsgceJUMrInV+