CDR: Re: Ho to KICK OUT Junkbusters users

Igor Chudov ichudov at Algebra.Com
Sat Oct 28 12:28:14 PDT 2000

Max Inux wrote:
> >I have a website (www.algebra.com) that makes money from banners. I have
> >a suspicion that a small percentage of my users uses Junkbusters proxy
> >in order to avoid seeing my banners.
> >
> >I do not want to serve such users at all and I do not want them to use
> >my bandwidth.
> >
> >Is there any way to detect a user of Junkbusters in a CGI/mod_perl script?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >	- Igor.
>

> Are you payed per impression or display?  Odds are blocking them wont make

Did you mean "per impression or per click"? I am paid for both, t is a
mixture, about 60% are per impression and 40% or so are per click.

> them leave anyways, if there is something of value, they will outsmart
> your blocking.  A common thing for people to do also is to use DNS entries
> for doublclick and all the other add servers so they dont talk to the
> hsots, or use other software, JunkBuster is not the only solution.

I tried blicking doubleclick via DNS, it did not work well because of
their javascript.

	- Igor.