CDR: Re: why should it be trusted?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Oct 23 00:13:59 PDT 2000

At 11:36 PM -0700 10/22/00, Nathan Saper wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 10:59:51PM -0700, petro wrote:
>
>>  >the health and well-being of its population.  That is the purpose of
>>  >the government.
>>
>>	Not in the United States of America it isn't.
>  >

>Then what is the purpose of our government?

Not mob rule, not democracy. Go back and read the books you
apparently skipped over in the 10th or 11th grade.

The Constitution exists largely to circumscribe the powers of
government and to head off precisely the kind of "50% plus 1"
mobocracy you have consistently been advocating.

In case this just doesn't make sense to you, read the Bill of Rights
several times and reflect on what the various elements actually mean.

Think about this when next you advocate using the democratic vote to
seize private property by majoritarian rule.

Frankly, I think I've read enough of you, Nathan Saper.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.