CDR: Re: Late-postmarked ballots from ZOG-occupied Palestine

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 10 18:34:56 PST 2000

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Bill Stewart wrote:

> At 07:46 PM 11/10/00 -0500, William H. Geiger III wrote:
> >Eliminate them completely would be an even simpler solution. Too many
> >people give elections the proper respect that they deserve. You go and
> >plan your vacation at voting time too bad you made your choice. The only
> >ones that have any legitimate excuse for not being in the town that they
> >are registered to vote is those that are either on military deployment or
> >in the diplomatic corps. Polling stations can be set up on military bases
> >and US Embassies to accommodate the majority that fall into those
> >catagories.
>
> Oh, nonsense.  Sometimes you've got business to do.
> Sometimes your family is sick.  Sometimes you're sick.

Sometimes you're in school.

I am currently in Massachusetts, but I'm registered in Nevada. My absentee
ballot contains numerous NV state questions which I'd like to vote on; a
registration here in MA would not be the same. In my case, I'm a
transplant to Nevada - I don't actually have strong opinions on most of
the state questions (with some specific exceptions). For someone who lived
in one state for most of his or her life, then left for school in another,
however, absentee balloting seems to have a stronger case.

-David Molnar