Eternity Services

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Fri Jan 16 15:47:14 PST 1998

Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to> wrote:

> And the demand for such ecash systems is real. I personally carried a $10
> million offer for a non-exclusive license for the blind signature patent
> to David Chaum. He declined the offer. "The patent is not for license".
> DigiCash's CEO since March of last year, Mike Nash, also told me that
> DigiCash was not considering licensing the patent. I knew that day that it
> was time to quit. Not surprisingly, nobody heard from DigiCash since.

You could challenge the patent, and probably win, for less than $10
million.  There is quite a bit of prior art that Chaum neglected to
disclose, especially a certain incident where Chaum, as editor of
Crypto '84 proceedings, tried to supress part of ElGamal's paper which
discussed 'signature conversion' (aka blind signatures).