List Subscriptions / Re: Prior Restraint on Publishers

Anonymous anon at anon.efga.org
Sun Aug 24 21:30:54 PDT 1997

Tim May wrote:
> By the way, which list address are you now subscribed to...I switched from
> algebra. com to cyberpass.net, but now expect to see 2-3 hours delay before
> posts appear.
>
> (This applies to others, too. I'm getting replies to my posts, when sent
> directly to me, literally hours before seeing it on the list. Someone
> mentioned subscribing to toad.com, which, to tell the truth, I thought had
> vanished as a list origination site months ago.)

If you subscribe to cypherpunks-unedited at toad.com you will get almost
immediate receipt of toad.com posts much of the day. Algebra.com is
generally only a short time lag behind, although this varies (and you
get duplicates of the toad.com posts).
The advantage of toad.com is that it gives you feedback as to the
time-lag of the distributed lists. The advantages of the distributed
lists is that you can change among them if one is temporarily having
problems.