Anonymous Mailing Lists

Peter Trei trei at process.com
Mon Apr 7 06:13:50 PDT 1997

> Toto wrote:

> >   I'm not certain, being far from an expert on remailers and
> > majordomos. I've had one person indicate that majordomos could
> > be configured to keep all users anonymous, but didn't know
> > if it could be done selectively in the case of anonymous
> > remailers. He is supposed to get back to me on it.

A few years ago, I maintained a low-traffic mailing list in
which the users could be anonymous to each other - I was the
only person who knew the recipient list. I used perl scripts to
manage it, and manually edited messages which requested
anonymity (it was a digest-style list). A perl script
individually mailed copies to about 600 recipients.

It worked, but was not scalable to higher traffic volumes.

Peter Trei
trei at process.com