Kaos vs Control

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Thu Jun 13 12:32:02 PDT 1996

At 11:31 AM 6/12/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
>I see little chance that people who don't
>understand anarchy derives from "an-archy," "no top/leader/highest level,"
>will become educated.)

Unless they choose "anarchy" without even knowing it.  As in my Gallup Poll
question to "prove" that 90% of Americans are anarchists:

"Some groups advocate aggressive violence as a means of achieving social
ends.  Do you agree with them?  Do you advocate aggressive violence as a
means of achieving social ends?"

So 90% of the population answer "No" and demonstrate that they are either
anarchists or don't understand the nature of government.

>Good to see the courts reaffirming that "chaos" and lack of control by
>authorities is a core part of the U.S. system. Maybe the control freaks of
>Europe and Asia who have been charting their own authoritarian courses will
>give more thought to ensuring liberty even if it causes more "chaos."

One would hope.  Perhaps reality will have to do it for them.

DCF