[Off-Topic] "Curfews"

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Fri Jun 7 04:59:58 PDT 1996

At 02:47 PM 6/6/96 +0000, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:

>Sorry Jim, I did not get that at all in the past.  I assumed a
>context where the inner workings of AP would not be well understood
>by the population while here, you seems to indicate that everybody
>would operate under the threat / deterrance of mutual anihilation
>principle.

Hmmm...  sorry, I thought that was obvious.  Well, perhaps not "obvious,"
but it's one of those facts that will become second nature to people once AP
starts up.

>A argued that an impulsive guy might target somebody unjustifiably
>while I overlooked that he could think twice before doing so.  But by
>his nature, being a violent or thug at heart, he will understand this
>"peace based on threat" maybe even better than a pacifist at heart.
>So, my arguments might not stand.

As can be expected, people will be looking out for themselves in an
AP-dominated system, just as today.  I think most people will have a fairly
good idea who's targeting them if the hit's not justified.  Almost every
justified hit can be fairly anonymous.

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com