HRoller Anonymous Remailer Shut Down

Wink Junior winkjr at teleport.com
Fri Feb 16 06:48:29 PST 1996

This bit of unverified news from alt.privacy:

> From: hroller at infinity.c2.org (hroller)
> Date: 13 Feb 1996 16:47:06 GMT
>
> This is to announce that hroller remailer is shutting down for good. Due
> to the fact of the current issues and my ISP raising costs, I can no
> longer support this remailer. I guess you could say THEY Won! What I mean
> by this is not only Sen. Exxon, but the users also. The Abuse that goes
> through the remailers is something you would not believe. And until the
> people on the internet wake up and start acting like adults, this problem
> is not going to change.
>
> It's been fun, up until lately.
>
> hroller

Between irresponsible online behavior and media-spins, such as the example
posted by Mr. Young, will probably make '96 the year of the remailer wars.
If they're not out-and-out banned in the U.S. by '98 I'll be surprised (but
damned happy.)  Hats off to HRoller and Broiles who've fought the good fight.

Wink