National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Bart Croughs bart.croughs at tip.nl
Sun Aug 18 12:06:30 PDT 1996

Mike McNally wrote:

>Bart Croughs wrote:

>> ... better arguments (after reading the books I suggested)

>Like what is it with you and these books?  Is "Austrian" a code word
>for "Divine omniscient extraterrestrial super-being"?

No, but a number of posters claimed they were Austrians, and among them was Timothy May. So if I can show that Timothy's statements contradict the economic theories he says he supports on the most fundamental level (the level of methodology), then I have a pretty solid case that he is a bit confused and that he should do his homework better before he continues arguing. Unless of course he can show the Austrians (or me) to be wrong; but he hasn't done this yet.

      >Through all this sophist gibberish I've completely lost track of
      >what exactly it is you're trying to say.

I don't blame you when you get the impression that Austrian methodology, compressed in a couple of sentences, is sophist gibberish. Without the proper background knowledge, this is probably unavoidable; methodology is a rather difficult subject. But if you are really interested and want to know more about it, you now know where to look...

Bart Croughs