Wearing RSA shirt to school

Damaged Justice frogfarm at yakko.cs.wmich.edu
Mon Sep 4 07:26:44 PDT 1995

Timothy C. May writes:

> Grumpiness warning: I have held my tongue the past few months as all of
> these "this t-shirt has been declared a munition!!!" messages went out, but
> I can hold my tongue no longer.
[...]

> It was this series of posts about whether wearing the "munitions t-shirt"
> near schools was a crime or not that made me think the silly season had
> arrived. If the t-shirt is a munition, and books are munitions, then
> libraries must be real "ammunition dumps," ready to explode at any minute.

"Printer's ink has been running a race against gunpowder these many, many
years. Ink is handicapped, in a way, because you can blow up a man with
gunpowder in half a second, while it may take twenty years to blow him up
with a book. But the gunpowder destroys itself along with its victim, while
a book can keep on exploding for centuries."
  - Chistopher Morley, _The Haunted Bookshop_

Res ipsa loquitor.

--
http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/~frogfarm     ...with that fresh new lemon scent
           Don't mess with someone unless they mess with you first.