key for Alice as promised (not)

anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com
Sun Nov 26 13:59:00 PST 1995

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995 anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com wrote:

> > As an incentive for Alice to generate herself a PGP key, I hereby
> > place Alice on notice that if she doesn't sign her next post, and
> > provide a PGP key, I will create one for her, and steal all the
> > postive (?) reputation that she has developed so far.

Positive reputation??  Me??  Uhhm, thanks, I guess.

> > You have 24 hours Alice, otherwise a key gets posted to here, and to
> > the keyservers with your nym on it.
>
> Well 24 hours have passed, and Alice remains unrepentant:

Can you imagine??  I'm simply not willing to fool myself into thinking
that I ahve security by posting a key and using PGP.

I think that's irresponsible.

Unless, I have a secure machine dedicated to PGP *which I don't* I don't
fool myself into thinking that I have any security, at all.

> On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, the old Alice de 'nonymous wrote:
>
> > Alice here ...
> >
> > No, *I* am the real Alice, and I refuse to use PGP signing.

Yep ... that's right.

> So here we go Alice's key:
>
> Type bits/keyID    Date       User ID
> pub  1024/23292ED1 1995/11/22 Alice de 'nonymous <cypherpunks at toad.com>
>           Key fingerprint =  CA 76 81 41 54 CE E7 D6  62 EE 6D 65 EE FB A3 55

Gee, it might even help if you got the address right.  Since when is the
list address, my address??

cypherpunks at toad.com??

Alice de 'nonymous ...

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.