Pegasus Mail 2.20

Enzo Michelangeli enzo at ima.com
Sun Nov 12 20:33:10 PST 1995

On Thu, 9 Nov 1995, Scott Staedeli wrote:

[David Harris:]
[...]
> will define an open interface for third-party encryptors and it is then
> up to other people to write the code. What I envisage actually happening
> is people writing "shell interfaces" for WinPMail - i.e., modules that
> take the calls I make and translate them into calls to other programs,
> such as PGP or whatever, returning the result.

Is anybody currently writing modules for PGP (or, less trivially, for
MOSS, S/MIME etc.)? I've had a look at the interface and it doesn't seem
difficult, but why re-invent the wheel? :-)
The real question for PGP, actually, is which scheme should be supported
to achieve MIME compatibility among the several proposed in the IETF
drafts.