if this is RC4

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Thu Sep 15 12:06:52 PDT 1994

Carl Ellison says:
> Assuming for the moment that alleged-RC4 came from the keyboard of Ron
> Rivest,

Well, from his mind -- its probably a reverse engineering job. It
looks like it may be interoperable, which would imply that its real...

> my question is whether to look at this as an amateur cipher from a
> famous cryptologist -- or as a carefully designed cipher from a
> professional.

Hard to tell. Its remarkably simple -- the simplest cypher I've seen
in some time. It obvioously needs to be studied in detail. The
possible excitement comes from its speed...

.pm