Cash

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Fri Nov 18 12:47:16 PST 1994

At 11:25 AM 11/18/94 PST, Dana Albrecht wrote:

>Assuming this is true, it would seem that even good, old fashioned,
>paper currency doesn't provide the level of anonymity that one
>would think.  Scary...

A couple of weeks ago, I paid a utility bill with a $50 FRN.  I was
amused(?) to see the clerk put the bill into the same printer they use to
print a little strip of payment receipt info on the bottom of your printed
bill and also on the bottom of some of their paperwork.  I guess they wanted
to trace the bill back to my account if it turned out to be phony.

DCF
ATMs, Contracting Out,  Digital Switching, Downsizing, EDI, Fax, Fedex,
Home Workers, Internet, Just In Time, Leasing, Mail Receiving, Phone
Cards, Quants, Securitization, Temping, Voice Mail.