NYT op-ed May 8

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue May 10 11:30:03 PDT 1994

On Tue, 10 May 1994, Paul E. Baclace wrote:

> I just tuned-in last night...Has anyone discussed the NYT op-ed by
> David Gelernter (associate prof. at Yale)?  It was accompanied by a
> comic "the first wiretap" and Gelernter says common sense dictates
> that wiretaps be preserved and he wants the digital telephony bill
> passed.
>
> Paul E. Baclace
> peb at netcom.com

I sent a message on same into the void on Sunday.  If anyone has it, I
would appreciate it if they would repost it (I was unsubscribed to the
list at the time.)

This op-ed piece represents the strongest independent attack on our
position.  Someone should grab it from Nexis and post it.  It has to be
answered.

DCF