Netcom mail delays

Harry Bartholomew bart at netcom.com
Wed Jul 27 04:37:33 PDT 1994

    Tim wrote:

> Cypherpunks,
>
> Sorry I haven't been able to participate in the thread I started, but
> my own post has yet to make it here to "Notcom," and later posts are
> dribbling in out of order, without prior context, etc. (I suspect the
> problem is at Netcom's end, e.g., refusing mail, and not at Toad's
> end.)

    Last night noting an absence of list mail I pinged and found
    toad.com live but got no response (then) from majordomo on a
    "who cypherpunks" query. Tried first at 00:30 then again at
    02:00.  Netcom allowed the responses to be received at 04:49
    within two seconds of each other!  I append the headers to
    document this amazing disservice.

    Since 47 of the 530 cypherpunks are netcom users, I think
    the rest of the list should understand the difficulties we
    face in getting posts in any timely fashion.  It does make
    discourse difficult.