Bad govt represents bad people?

Steve Witham sw at tiac.net
Tue Aug 30 23:39:03 PDT 1994

Tim says:

>To clarify my meaning, "people deserve the government they get" is
>short for saying that the evil, repressive, godforsaken government
>than everyone complains about is mostly their own doing. Majority
>rule, the will of the herd, etc.
>
>I certainly wasn't saying that *all* people asked for it.

Right, and I was saying maybe not even majority rule or will of the herd,
but a system with a dynamic of its own.  People get the government they
don't know how to stop.  I don't know what to expect of everyday people
when even the brightest anarchists haven't found a working solution.

 --Steve

It is said a Shao Lin priest can walk through walls.
Looked for, he cannot be seen.
Listened for, he cannot be heard.
Touched, he cannot be felt.