snake oil

Eric Hughes hughes at soda.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 3 18:10:18 PDT 1993

>  (As it happens, I happen to
>have what I **think** is a new approach to cyphering,

Post away.  If you upload a copy of the source to the directory
pub/cypherpunks/incoming on the ftp site, I'll make it available to
everyone.

I would like to see this regardless of whether it actually is secure.
It is a well-founded maxim that no one should design a cipher without
having broken a few first.  There is a need, apropos of training the
desginers, for insecure ciphers, not so they can be deployed, but so
that other insecure ciphers will not be.

Eric