ANON: Re: how does it work

Bill_StewartHOY0021305 wcs at anchor.ho.att.com
Mon Aug 9 14:06:39 PDT 1993

> Phil Karn says:
> > You don't use the system telnet, you write your own socket application.
> > You could hack up a copy of sendmail, but SMTP is so trivial that you
> > could do it yourself, especially since the functionality you need
> > is so limited.
Perry says:
> Indeed, writing an SMTP agent in Perl is quite trivial -- I've done it.

While you're at it, another source for traffic analysis is DNS requests;
you may want to cache these for the sites you commonly connect to,
or at least put a DNS server on your machine to do some caching.
In a mature environment, most of your anonymous traffic will go to
other remailers anyway, but might as well cut down on the logging opportunities.
		Bill